.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

Title of Liberty

Recently, I have been visiting visiting and reading a number of other blogs, starting with those listed on The Truth Laid Bear Ecosystem. The more I read, the more concerned and even angrier I get, and the more I feel a need to speak out and raise my own voice on issues facing the United States and the world in general.

Part of it, I suppose, was that I saw that the leader of Regimental Combat Team 6 fighting in Fallujah, Iraq, was asking for e-mails of support, because his Marines seen the same media reports we here in the US do, and aren't certain that the American public knows what is going on or is supporting them. My first thought was shame, because here these men are, fighting, bleeding, and some of them dying, to fight an enemy that would take our freedoms if they could, and I sit at home in relative comfort, and do nothing.
I was reminded of a passage in the Book of Mormon, where a captain wrote to his government complaining of the lack of support for his men, saying
"Can you think to sit upon your thrones in a state of thoughtless stupor, while your enemies are spreading the work of death around you? (Alma 60:7)


In this particular case, the fault was that a treasonous cabal had overthrown the legitimate government and was conspiring with the enemy. Although the war described in the Book of Mormon was comparatively much larger in scale and the threats both internal and external were far more serious, I began to see a chilling similarity.
I was never in good enough physical shape to be fit for the military, I would have had a hard time with the discipline, and now I'm too old anyway. But the part of the war going on in this country, the battle of words and ideas...that one I can join.

So, which side am I on? I'm on the side of those who believe in God, families, faith, peace, freedom, truth, honor, and justice.

The enemy is those who worship the unholy trinity of money, sex, and power with secrecy, lies, theft, and murder, and their sympathisers, sycophants, and enablers. There are many of them. Just to name a couple of names, I'll start with al-Qaeda and Hamas, and work from there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?