.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Another half month?

I knew I was putting this off, but this is ridiculous. OK, there is a little bit of news. The Social Security Administration, in its definitely finite wisdom, has decided that yes, I do qualify as disabled. I should start receiving benefits sometime within the next 6 weeks, which should lift a significant burdent.

I had also looked into the West Virginia Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. They seem to be out of funds for this fiscal year, but if I qualify for SS Disability, I would automatically qualify for any assistance they can can offer, probably in January.

A friend recommended an LDS-oriented meeting service, LDSMingle where I've been visiting. They recently handed out a 7-day trial membership, and I've been taking full advantage of it. I should be back to mostly lurk mode in a couple of days. One person who started writing to me there has already decided to not pursue things. I expected this to happen sometime or other, but it's still disappointing.

I've been involved in writing related to the paper version of my knowledge base, a particularly slow-moving variant that I'm trying to accelerate, and not done much updating here. I learned that yes my mother does have cancer, a lymphoma, but it's supposed to respond well to chemotherapy.

All of a sudden, it appears that things are lurching forward for me. But, as usual, we shall see what we shall see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?