.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Reading and writing and...

With the "fractal method" of writing in mind, I took another crack at outlining a story I've been working on for a while. The author of this piece talked about accomulating experience and ideas before writing a book; composting, he called it. I've been doing that for some times, Maybe this time I'll get farther with the book.

I've given up GOVSIM. It's depressing, and takes too much time, that I want to be giving to the knowledge base.

I got a note from some company that wants to put a pay-per-click advertising spot on my Independent Learning blog. It's tempting, but I'm cautious. I've heard the term, but I don't know how it works. I would have been happy to put one advertising-related page on my Sapience Knowledge Base website, but since that's dormant (it is still up, though)...We'll see.

Yesterday, one of my roommates told me that he had encountered a new book about the founder of Mormonism in the local library. He offered to check it out for me, but said no, I was going up there and would look at it myself. I thought it might have been Richard Bushman's new biography of Joseph Smith, called Rough Stone Rolling. He said, no, that wasn't it. I went up to take a look, and, yes it was. So I sat down and read it. Some 500 pages, in one sitting. Amazing? Naw. I do that kind of thing all the time. It's [so far been] a highly useless skill. It helps that I'm already familiar with most of the story. I think the book did a fairly good job at balancing Joseph's prophetic and human sides. I do have a couple of quibbles, but I don't know that I need to point them out.

I had left my library card, so I didn't check out the next Anne Perry book, but the library does have it, so if I get there today, I'll grab it, and probably the next one, for the weekend, another library-closing holiday coming up soon.

AFter that, I spent an afternoon composing a personal letter to a family member.

Later, I spent the evening evening listining to an Oldies station...60s and 70s popular and rock. Overall, I think I like that station better than the contemporary country one, but I'd still like to make my own collection of personal favorites. I'm not interested in just one genre of music. I might have spent it working on my knowledge base, or on writing. There aren't enough hours in the day. As others have noted.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?