.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

Already?

Somehow, the day has gone by without me accomplishing a fraction of what I had intended. It seems there were several things I was going to write about, and I can hardly remember one.
I was on one of the internet forums where I regularly hang out, and got involved in a discussion about poverty. One of the members there had written a short piace along the same lines as the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man (Luke 16:19-23), though not quite so hard on the rich woman. The author was taking a certain amout of flak for for it. The more she tried to explain herself, the more she exposed for people to pick at. I was was outraged, I was irate, and it took a lot of effort for me to tone things down and write civilly. I've learned the habit of self-censorship: I don't say a tenth of what I think, in part because I've been on the receiving end of what I saw her going through. Then people observe that I'm TOO quiet. Well...there's no pleasing everybody.
I heard a variant of Aesop's Fable about the man, the boy, and the donkey, telling how this could have been averted by planning in advance and sticking to the plan. I've also found bits and pieces around the internet about bullying, about anger management, about the fractal method of writing a novel (!!!), and other such odds and ends. And yes, I finished "Callander Square", and I'm ready to go look for the next one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?