.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

That time again

I heard a snatch of music in a TV commercial this morning which prompted me to check the calendar.
Yep. The jolly old thief in the red suit is coming out to make his annual rounds, with most of the retailers in the country as his cohorts in crime. It's time for the annual American ritual of buying off your conscience for a year of neglect and measuring your love for family, friends, and neighbors in dollars, while racking up a huge credit card balance that will take months to pay for. Bah, humbug indeed.
Now, if there really were an increase in peace on earth and goodwill toward men, and people would give space for the love of God instead of worrying about tinsel and trash and shoving for space at the checkout counter, that would be reason to celebrate. I'm surely not the first to observe that St. Nicholas has turned a bit gluttonous and overfed and is in danger of losing his sainthood. He needs to at least go on a diet.
I see that comment spam is the term I was looking for, and I figured out how to start cleaning it out. So far I'm back to February on this blog.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?