.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 14, 2005

 

Oh, My

The "Wizard of Oz" was on TV the other night; I didn't see it through to the end, but I did get my favorite scenes. The Munchkin's Coroner, "Not only is she merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead!", The vigorous, "[I'm] off to [be] the wizard!", and the Cowardly Lion, "What puts the hot in Hottentot? What puts the ape in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got? Courage!" I remember that the scene where the Wicked Witch of the West's guards are marching around the gates was scary when I was a very yunster, but now both the chant (Woe--EE--oh. WOE--oh!) and the music give me a smile. "I'm melting!!". So do the rewards that the Wizard gives the Scarecrow, Lion, and Tin Man.


The past week has been a bit on the disappointing side, with a couple of hopes that didn't materialize. This is routine, but when enough of them buikd up, it can send me into a crashing depression. So I'm noticing a slide in that direction; time to see if I've learned how to head it off.

And I think I've managed to clean out most of the comment spam.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?