.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Quote

C. J. Cherryh is one of my favorite authors and has a blog whis is one of the few I follow. I'm familiar with the state of concentration she describes here, although I can't say any of my own incidents were quite so amusing.
The depth of concentration this art takes is pretty well manic: I recall when Lynn Abbey was sharing our digs, and we set off a fire alarm by accident---yellow-slickered firemen in full kit were running down our home hallway past Lynn's open door: she was plugging away at her computer, and only eventually did she turn around to give them a glance and ask us, as we appeared to apologize, if there was a problem. No, we said, and she went back to work. That's the kind of concentration I'm talking about.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?