.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

Percussion concert

Last night I had the chance to go to a percussion concert at the arts center at WVU. The two numbers I enjoyed the most was a 5-movement piece based on brazilian folklore, and an african drum number. There was also a japanese-style number that got a lot of applause. I wasn't aware of the variety of instruments that can be called percussion, but it was overall an enjoyable piece. The whole concert stirred ideas of collecting music from various periods and cultures of world history. Those kinds of ideas, and others like them, have been settling in the back of my mind for I don't know how long, and every once in a while something gives them a stir. I have plenty of grand dreams, many of which appear to be doomed to remain just that.

I've been trying to maintain the studies I describe on my other blog, in the stubbornly persistent hope that they will lead to something beneficial. I'm seldom bored, there are too many things to do and too little time to do them. But what with the need to wait for this and that, half-an-hour here and an hour there and 20 minutes somewhere else when I can't sit down and concentrate, and with the difficulty I have pulling myself away from something once I do get involved, many things I would like to do, and even a few that I need to, don't always get done.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?