.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Clearing rubble

Sometimes I think my life is like a castle. Part of it is still standing strong, but part of it wasn't well founded in the first place, and through the storms of life and enemy action, it collapsed into rubble. Lately, I've had the feeling that I've about cleared the rubble out of the way and am starting to rebuild. Part of it comes from keeping better track of my priorities; partly because the "weave" of knowledge is incoporating areas I've been putting off for some time. I've been taking a long-delayed look at writing, drawing, and music, and have started including some exercises in these areas.

For the first time in some years, I got through LDS General Conference without being stressed by guilt about what I am or am not doing. There were several talks and music that I especially enjoyed. Elder Holland, on the nature of beauty in young women; Elder Bednar's talk, with it's idea of becoming rather than going to; President Hinkley's talk on forgivess were especially memorable. A couple of the stirring choir numbers gave me goosebumps.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?