.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 11, 2005

 

Orwellian tale

I had intended to examine the connections between religion, government, and economics a little more closely, but another project intervened.

A couple of months ago, I started writing a short Orwellian political fantasy. This morning sat I down and finished hammering it into the shape I want. It's only about 2 handwritten pages long, (I should probably count words), but I do need to practice on things like this.

Besides that, I've been kicking around an idea for a much longer novel. The advice I see from successful writers is that I need to WRITE, on a daily basis. Well, I can do that, pretty much, for my knowledge base: a little bit at a time, but stories are something else again.

Then there are some of the habits I've been conditioned with that it's about past time I start breaking: such as being overly agreeable to do things I'm asked or told, and underly willing to follow through.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?