.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 10, 2005

 

Getting it?

I've been giving more thought to the difficulty of balancing priorities.
I don't know if I mentioned it here, but a couple of weeks ago, I went through and made a page-long list of things I've studied and qualifications I've learned. Most of them come without credentials or formal recognition.
Perhaps I should put the list up here. But, in looking it over, it's perhaps understandable but still ridiculous that I have such problems finding employment.
I think the biggest single obstacle is my obsession with my knowledge base.

I'm not willing to give this up entirely, and I don't think I should. The problem is that it's been a fascinating but practically useless exercise in abstract theorization. The question I'm constantly faced is "What is this good for?".
I haven't had a clear answer besides, "I hope it will be good for something someday", which is rather unsatisfying, both to myself and anyone else.

But...I very much like the quote that I read once, "There's nothing more practical than a good theory".

So, if I can come up with a system of balancing priorities that works, and connect it to my practical needs...I may not be so far from practical application as I have been used to thinking.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?