.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Flying like the space shuttle

When someone asked me how I was doing this morning, that's the answer I gave.

That's actually not so far from the truth.
I'm trying to fix some ongoing problems that led to the crash and burn of my marriage, and I've taken it to be an involved, complex, and very time-consuming process.
But I've long had a suspicion that I'm making it out to be much more difficult than it really needs to be. Certainly, the effort to redirect my study efforts towards priorities is taking too long, as well as results from the efforts themselves.

I've been following the progress of the Space Shuttle, as well as the various privately funded efforts to develop reusable space vehicles such as the X-Prize has been encouraging.

I agree entirely with those critics of the Space shuttle who call it too big, too complex, and too slow. To develop technology, it's important to design, build, test, and refine, in a cycle a few months, rather than a few years.
The question is, does this idea apply to my study and employment efforts? I think it might. Rather than thinking massive and cumbersome, I need to find ways to move to my targets more rapidly.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?