.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 28, 2004

 

York II

I hadn't mentioned that at the park where I've stayed the past couple of nights, there have been a some squirrels that like to come chatter at me to help wake me up. I hadn't seen many of them before coming to Nebraska.
Last night two of the three high-school girls that I chatted with Saturday night came by again, with a different friend. I had given them the address of this blog, they had looked over it, and seemed to be impressed. I was flattered. They had more questions to ask, about my family and circumstances. They gave me some things to think about, too, about my relationship with my family. I could probably do more on my end toward improving it, but there is still only so much I can do.
Since I like hanging out in libraries a great deal more than trudging along the highway for, it should come as no great surprise that I typically wind up at the library rather longer than is strictly necessary to update this blog, which in turn adds up to delays of half a day or so in my travel plans. However, I still would like to drop in at York College to look around, and I need to do some laundry before I leave for Seward, Sometime tomorrow. An 18-mile a day pace is pushing it; around 12 miles is more doable, but this will be another 2 days or so.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?