.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 04, 2004

 

Getting Started III

Preparations are still going slowly. I have the stuff I'm trying to sell moved so it can be examined and taken away, which makes room for the stuff I have to move in to replace it, but this is going more slowly than I had hoped. The starting date is more likely to be the 14th than the 7th.
I also took a look at an internet map: I will be taking a few state road maps, once I dig them out of wherever I last put them, I have a few intermediate destinations in mind, but I want the flexibility to visit places I had not planned on. I expect to avoid the freeways and larger cities; I don't want to compete with automobiles. I've also given some thought to my "rules of the road", a few things I do and do not want to do.
Such as: I don't plan to accept offers for rides. Based on my experience a few years ago and more recently, they are likely to be offered. If I were in a hurry, I would take the bus or something, not walk. I want to see the country, not zoom by it in a flash. A bicycle trip might be just as appropriate, but since I don't have one of those...I do what I can.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?