.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 14, 2004

 

Almost ready...

I should finish most of the moving out later tonight. There is some yardwork I need to do for my brother before I go, and I need to do the final selection of what I will take with me and packing, which is delaying my departure until Wednesday.

I haven't made a big deal about my religion, but lest there be any doubt, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints (A Mormon, for those who don't recognize the proper name). It's a significant part of my life and I'm not leaving it behind. I attended church in Broken Bow yesterday and said my farewells, although I may be back to visit sometime. The talks in our worship services focused on Missionary work, and the Sunday School lesson dealt with a few chapters in the Book of Mormon (Mosiah 29 and Alma 1-4). I consider the first of these to be one of the most profound discourses on the relationship between religion, government, and political freedom ever written. Those people in America who are recognized as the Founding Fathers implicitly understood these same principles and wrote them into the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?